For inquiries, email email@example.com
Don’t let Joe Casabona’s Master’s Degree in Computer Science intimidate you; he is not only an approachable guy, but a born teacher.
Joe started his career almost 20 years ago as a freelance web developer before realizing his true passion, which is sharing his years of knowledge about website development, podcasting and course creation with other business owners, freelancers and entrepreneurs in need. Joe has a gift for breaking down concepts that scare people into bite-sized, approachable pieces of information they can implement in a matter of days.
Joe’s career trajectory includes 20+ years experience building websites, 16+ years using WordPress, 11+ years teaching at the college level, 7+ years podcasting, plus he is the author of four books, including his latest: HTML and CSS: Visual QuickStart Guide
When he’s not creating courses for LinkedIn Learning, you can find Joe spending time with his family, enjoying baseball, or talking too much about Star Wars.
Headshots and other graphics below.
Areas of Expertise
- Web Development
- Creating Courses in the classroom and online
- Common pitfalls for first time podcasters — including “why you should not be on Patreon”
- Automations that will set your podcast up for long-time success — my automations, including guest outreach, recording, editing and more, allow me to get away with spending only 10 hours per month on podcast related work. Allow me to get you to this place of “cruise control” so you can use your precious time elsewhere.
- The ABC’s to increasing your digital footprint in less than 3 months — Need to launch a website, podcast or course? Everything you need to know to get them off the ground pain-free (well maybe not pain-free, but I’ll try to greatly reduce the pain!)
- How I make 40% of my income from podcasting — + how you can too!
- Interview with Joe Casabona | Back From the Future | January 2021
- Building a business through content & education | The Matt Report | December 2020
- Joe Casabona on creating quality content and courses | Post Status Podcast | October 2020
- Torque’s Social Hour | Torque Magazine | September 2020
- Joe Casabona, WordPress: Year in Review | Tools are Tools | September 2020
- Joe Casabona – Outlining Your Book | Get Published Podcast | September 2020
- Darth Sidious on everything podcasting (Joe Casabona, podcastliftoff.com)| WPMRR Podcast | July 2020
- Selling Courses Through Your Podcast with Joe Casabona | Podcast Hackers | May 2020
- WPCoffeeTalk | April 2020
- Three rules for creating a thriving business: Joe Casabona on success and Game of Thrones | Clients from Hell | June 2019
- Creating WordPress courses with Joe Casabona | WP Builds | April 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Podcasting with Joe Casabona | WPElevation | January 2019
- Focus Online Courses on User Intent | Jeff Large Podcast | March 2018
- Teaching Technology, The Art of Metaphor, and the Online Educator’s Journey with Joe Casabona | LMScast | August 2017
- Living Your Passion | December 2014
- How to Hold a Pencil | May 2014
- Shop Talk Show | March 2014
Guest Posts / Articles
- 7 Video Conferencing Tips for Nonprofits to Look and Sound Amazing | GiveWP
- Expanding your online course to a podcast format | Castos
- How Virtual Events are Changing the WordPress Event Landscape | Torque Magazine
- Basic HTML Elements | Peachpit
- WordCamp Talks | WordPress.tv
- A beginner’s guide to programming for CSS with Sass | LogRocket Blog
- How to monetize digital content | SiteGround
- Styling the Gutenberg Columns Block | CSS -Tricks
- Your Most Common Gutenberg Questions Answered | SiteGround
- How to Get Rid of those Pesky “Mixed Content” Messages for WordPress | Pantheon
- Watch Out For WordPress Plugin Vulnerabilities & Hacks, Identify Scripts & Stay Updated | Necess
- How To Fix A Hacked WordPress Site, Fortify Security, And Prevent Future Hacks | Nexcess
- Scratching the Surface of the Google Glass Mirror API | Peachpit
- Why You Need Responsive Design for Your WordPress Site | Peachpit
- Making Your WordPress Theme Responsive: Core Features | Peachpit
Print Interviews and Features
- An Interview With Joe Casabona, An Irrepressible WordPress Personality Who Is Everywhere | Joy of WP | July 2020
- Our 8 Best Tech Podcasts To Keep You Motivated This Week | Plesk | June 2019
- Podcaster Interview: Joe Casabona | Oscar Hamilton | July 2017
- Customer Spotlight: An Exception Teacher & WordPress Entrepreneur | LiquidWeb | June 2017
- Joe Casabona Shares Insight on WordPress at Cloudways | Cloudways | March 2017
- Q&A with WordPress Guru Joe Casabona | Speckyboy.com | January 2017
- Joe Casabona on Learning By Doing With WordPress | Hosting Journalist | February 2016
- Interview with Joe Casabona, Front End Developer | WisdmLabs | January 2016
- Interview for WordCamp Scranton on Leckey Live! | July 2015
- WordPress Training offered at Scranton area’s first WordCamp| July 2015
- CloudU Interview | January 2015
- An Outlet for Ideas | Scranton Times | July 2014
- Developing in WordPress – New Course | Sessions College | May 2014
- 5 Best Books for Learning Responsive Design | Design Instruct | March 2014
- 3 Lessons I Learned from WordCamp Lancaster | Webkite | March 2014
- Book Release: Responsive Design with WordPress | Torque | January 2014
- Interview at Workspiration| November 2013
- 1 in 5 of the biggest websites online use WordPress, many not just blogging: WordCamp Philly| Technically Philly | October 2012
- Interview with Joe Casabona, Author of Building WordPress Themes from Scratch| WPLift.com. | June 2012
- Meet Joe Casabona | Freelance Five | August 2011
- Baby boomers, millennials have same woe: unemployment| Times-Herold Record | October 2010
- Business Profile: Joe Casabona | Scranton Times Tribune | January 2010
Headshots and Other Images
Projects & Products
- Podcast Liftoff: Full Service podcasting resources, including a self-paced course, consulting, coaching, and complete podcast production.
- Creator Courses: An online course membership for people who want to learn how to build websites for the businesses without code.
- How I Built It: My podcast, where I help small business owners grow though insights, interviews, and helping them common pitfalls.
- HTML and CSS: Visual QuickStart Guide: My latest book, which teaches readers HTML and CSS through explanation, step-by-steps, and even videos!
- WordPress: Year in Review: A multifaceted project including eBook, podcast, and videos to help fill the content void left from many live WordPress events being cancelled.